Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Words of Lao Tzu (whoever/if ever he was)

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."

"The truth is not always beautiful, and beautiful words not always the truth."

"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality."

"Be content in what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there's nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."

"Time is a created thing. To say 'I don't have time,' is to say 'I don't want to.'"

"Stop thinking and end your problems."

"Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment."

"Act without expectation."

"To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders."

"I have three things to teach: simplicity, patience, and compassion. These three are your greatest treasures."

"Muddy water, let stand, becomes clear."

"Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides."

No comments:

Post a Comment