Friday, January 20, 2012

Niteblade

For those of you not familiar with it, Niteblade is a wonderful horror and fantasy magazine put out by Rhonda Parrish. It comes out in PDF on a quarterly basis, but every fifth issue is also made available in print. I was lucky enough to have a poem in December 2011's print issue, and to have my name beside some of the true powerhouses in speculative poetry really is an honor.

I was so moved by the images I saw coming out of Haiti after the terrible Earthquake in 2010 that I knew I had to write a story or poem about it, and that it would undoubtedly be dark. It took a while for the seeds to germinate and bear fruit, but eventually I wrote Magnitude Seven, and with the help of editor Alexandra Seidel (a fabulous poet), shaped it into something I'm quite proud of.

I urge everyone to pick up a copy of the current issue, whether print or PDF, and help keep this fine magazine alive. For only $2.99 it's a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment