On Writing and Writers with Roald Dahl
- A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
- A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom.
- A writer of fiction lives in fear. Each new day demands new ideas and he can never be sure whether he is going to come up with them or not.
- The writer has to force himself to work. He has to make his own hours and if he doesn't go to his desk at all there is nobody to scold him.
- The writer walks out of his workroom in a daze. He wants a drink. He needs it.
- Two hours of writing fiction leaves this writer completely drained. For those two hours he has been in a different place with totally different people.
Another interesting list of quotes, David. Thanks for posting.ReplyDelete